Elastic, Linseed Oil-Based Glazing Compound for In-Shop Glazing.
Uses: Sarco Multi-Glaze Type M is the best traditional knife-grade glazing compound available for glazing and bedding glass in wood sash and doors.
Features & Benefits: Multi-Glaze Type M is the quickest surface-skinning product for indoor shop use. It typically forms a skin overnight and can be painted within 3 to 14 days depending on temperature and other conditions. Multi-Glaze Type M remains elastic and flexible throughout its lifetime, providing the most durable, long-lasting adhesion you can find in a glazing putty. Creates a watertight seal between the wood sash and window glass. Proven by decades of high-performance. Preferred brand of countless window restoration professionals.
Technical Characteristics: Linseed oil-based putty. Should be painted with oil or latex paint after developing a skin. Apply with putty knife or other glaziers’ tools.
- What type of primer is best to use on bare wood before applying this glaze?
- Q What type of primer is best to use on bare wood before applying this glaze? answer nowAsked by June 9, 2021 11:53 amonAnswered by the admin
Oil based primer is preferred. What is the VOC content in g/L of this product? Is it LEED compliant?
- Q What is the VOC content in g/L of this product? Is it LEED compliant? answer nowAsked by February 28, 2020 5:39 pmonAnswered by the admin VOC are less than 0.01%. It has not been tested to LEED compliance. What kind of pain should I use to paint over the glaze?
- Q What kind of pain should I use to paint over the glaze? answer nowAsked by February 17, 2020 9:56 pmonAnswered by the admin
Any good, quality paint will be fine. Will the product adhere and cure where epoxy repairs are done on the glazing rabbet?
- Q Will the product adhere and cure where epoxy repairs are done on the glazing rabbet? answer nowAsked by November 27, 2019 9:08 pmonAnswered by the admin
Yes I have have a new storm window that used type m on, now it has been 3 weeks and I have a few spots where the glazing is still soft and bubbly. I did not prime the window rabbit, I did apply BLO and mineral spirits 50/50 mix. all other window are good.